Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What do I mean by full cicle?

As a teenager, I didn't imagine I would someday say "I am a survivor of domestic violence."  I planned to meet a wonderful man (I believed I did), marry him (was good for about 8 to 10 years), have children (2 sons),  and live happily ever after.  I can't pinpoint a specific time that we stepped into the circle of domestic violence because it was insidiously slow and disguised itself as every other type of problems.  We circled in chaos for a total of 23 years when we separated and our divorce was finalized the week of our 25th anniversary.  Journaling, counseling and a domestic violence support group helped me to step out of the full circle of domestic violence into becoming a survivor. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure journaling would help. Thank you for sharing! I love the way you write!

    ReplyDelete