Monday, January 7, 2013

medical profession as Front Line Defenders against domestic violence

All medical professionals are in a position to be Front Line Defenders against domestic violence.   They see the "bathing suit" areas where abusers typically injure their victims because they are covered with clothing.   I did a training session of symptoms, etc. for the staff in my primary doctor's office.  I got hugs and multiple thanks yous for doing it.  Then when I spoke with the organizer, she said they were amazed that some members of the staff started talking about their own situations that they had been afraid to talk about before the training.  The sad thing is that the trainer for the company won't include me in the training schedules of their other 7 office in the KC area.  I'm going to see about doing a lunch and learn so it takes the trainer out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment